Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Power of prayers

Good Evening!!

It was one of the usual days when work leaves no room for a cup of well mixed coffee or a glance at my mailbox. But there is something i want to know from anyone who reads this. What is the power of prayer?
Do you believe that a person thousands of miles away is able to contribute to our lives just by praying? On a personal note, I strongly stand by the fact that the power of prayers can surpass all geographical and mental boundaries. The very fact that someone wishes well for us implies that the person is not only pleased or happy with me but also that he or she wants me to be happy as well.
As a weekly routine i went to a temple and said my prayers. But, since something particular was hustling its way in my thoughts I couldn't really be present at the temple mentally. I asked one of my friends who happens to be very spiritually inclined that will my prayers really be answered as I was preoccupied with my own thoughts in spite of being at the temple and trying really hard to push those thoughts away.
The explanation I got was extremely lucid and worth sharing with you. It goes like this;
Even if the presence of almighty and the surreal aura at the temple could keep you from keeping your floating thoughts at bay, explains the desire and urge that your self has to reach to its goal. And, when this is conveyed to God, it clearly communicates to Him, that the urge is so strong and the desire so pure that the devotee personifies all happiness and peace in his own little world that is now created in his mind.
Wow................i was like stunned and stupefied. Isn't it so pure and simple.
Oh God....tussi great ho. :) :)

No comments: